Twitter

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

...Once in a Lullaby...

Day 3/365

It takes a lot of courage to fight against oppressors when it is you, and people like you, who are being oppressed; but It takes a whole different level of courage to stand up when it is the rights of others that you are defending. The decision to uphold proposition 8 felt like a punch to the gut when I found out this morning. Part of me wants to say "At least the 18,000 marriages performed while gay marriage was still legal in California are still valid" ...but compromise feels too much like giving in.



Last night I was reminded that you don't have to be gay to support gay rights; and while my picture today only represents two straight people in support of gay rights, my admiration and love goes out to all of those (not just the rockstars) that are willing to stand up with us and fight.

Day3/365

No comments: